NMDP Confidentiality Training
Protecting the rights and privacy of transplant recipients and blood stem cell donors is a priority for the NMDPSM.
As part of our commitment to maintaining confidentiality, the NMDP has established the following training requirement for all Network centers.
All Network center employees who work directly with NMDP will complete training on the principles of maintaining donor and patient confidentiality in the unrelated donor transplant setting.
This is an on-demand self-paced eLearning course. The course is approximately 30 minutes long. You can stop and resume at any point during the training. The course must be reviewed annually by network partners and the certificate of completion retained at the center. At the end of this training, you will be able to:
- Describe why adhering to confidentiality standards is important.
- Access the Confidential Information Policy (P00023) and Standard Operating Procedure (S00339).
- Apply best practices that protect confidentiality.
- Describe how to report confidentiality breaches.
- Define Personally Identifiable Information.
If you have questions regarding the training, please contact your center's primary coordinator for NMDP.
Access the Training
Key Reference Materials
Find policies, procedures, and other reference materials on the Patient and Donor Confidentiality page